Combining theory with practice, the Destiny simulation imparts a holistic, multi-faceted
learning experience that encompasses:
- Consumer Marketing.
- Brand Management and Category Management: As they strive to grow their firms,
participants acquire functional skills in marketing and retailing.
- Marketing Mix: Participants grasp what it takes to market a FMCG product. They
make trade-offs in product development, refine their advertising messages, set trade prices, and
work with retailers to influence shoppers at the point of purchase.
- Retailing Mix: Participants develop an appreciation of how a retailing business
is run. They manage and maintain a portfolio of stores, procure and merchandise products, optimize
stocks, set shelf prices, promote, and execute category strategies in their stores.
- Market Intelligence: Participants learn to make good use of market and business
analytics, market research, and financial statements for decision-making.
- Business Marketing: Participants form supplier-retailer relationships as they work
with their trade partners to jointly develop marketplace equity.
- Negotiation: Participants hone their negotiation skills as they thrash out
contractual agreements with their trade partners.
- Marketing and Business Strategy: Engendering strategic intuition, participants
develop deep appreciation of Market Strategy as they analyse, strategize, and execute plans over a
multi-year time horizon.
- Organization and Teamwork: As they strive to meet diverse corporate goals and
objectives cutting across their company’s portfolio of brands, participants gain an understanding
of the dependencies across categories, among departments and between trade partners. They learn to
build constructive working relationships, and collaborate to successfully implement corporate
- Financial Management.
- Operations Management.
- Decision Making and Creative Thinking.